Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Lessons learned from a 3 year old

It only takes a little girl in a leotard to make me realize why I work so very hard to be a dance teacher and juggle my other career too. Last night, I had a little 3 year old, pre ballet student who simply didn't feel like coming into class, she fell apart on Grandma in the changing room. Well, turns out her mom and dad are getting a divorce, so there's lots of stress in the family right now. Grandma was welcomed into the class to be her special audience for the day - that along with a candy bribe got her into class. She loved class, smiled, danced great and participated with glee. The stress lifted off both her and Grandma. I got a hug after the treat was delivered at the end of class and a big smile from Grandma. Sometimes Dance class is like being wrapped in a warm blanket on a snowy night in Wisconsin. True comfort. And that's why I dance.

No comments:

Releve' Dance Poster sample

Releve' Dance Poster sample
sample of poster