Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Losing Weight

Last fall I wrote a post about losing weight and told you I was on a personal journey to get in better shape. Well I did it. I lost 43 lbs. and feel like a million bucks. Did you know you can leap twice as high when you weigh 43 lbs. less. I almost hit my head on the ceiling! Man was that fun or what!

I had help from my Dr. and friends at Dean Health in Madison, Wis. I encourage you to talk with your Dr. and find a local program that works directly with you in the clinic. I've tried Weight Watchers and LA Weight Loss in the past and lost 15 lbs., but now with over 40 lbs. off I can say that this VLCD was the right fit for me. The trick is finding what fits for you. And being in the right frame of mind. My goal was 40 by 40. I turn 40 in March and I was determined that I wasn't going to have yet another birthday go by with regrets on my weight. And now Summer can't come fast enough, bring out the shorts and tank tops I'm ready!

Setting a good example for personal health to my own children and my dancers was also important to me. If we can't take good care of ourselves how can we expect them to? As Dance Teachers we give so many wonderful lifetime "gifts" to our students, let good health be yet another.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and enjoy the lightness.
Reagrds
http://twirltime.wordpress.com

Releve' Dance Poster sample

Releve' Dance Poster sample
sample of poster