Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Saying Goodbye to Patrick Swayze

I think it was the Summer of 2006 - Patrick visited with dance teachers at the Dance Teacher Mag. Summer Conference in New York City. I was there with my fledgling ideas for Releve' Dance posters and trying to get some new choreography ideas for my own studio at the conference. The highlight was Patrick... he talked with us and signed autographs for HOURS in the convention hall, staying until every single dance teacher's poster/book/dvd was autographed. I was in line, but my feet got tired, so I went to bed since the line was so long... but he stayed. This is just one example of his character. A character built in a dance studio. His Mom was a studio owner just like you and me! He loved dance teachers and was inspired by us. Let's keep his memory alive and just keep on teaching -- that's what he wanted us all to do--teach and pass along the art of dance to the next generation.

Between Patrick and MJ we could have some great tributes at our rectials this year... just an idea. :)

http://www.patrickswayze.net/ Here's a link to an official fan club if you want to share your thoughts with Patrick's family. While they've been preparing I'm sure this time is very overwhelming from support of fans like us.

No comments:

Releve' Dance Poster sample

Releve' Dance Poster sample
sample of poster